As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number, or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Services, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Services, should only be used in a tasteful manner which could include limited marketing and advertising purposes, or scholarly research;
- If Jekko is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Jekko will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Jekko is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Personal Information Jekko Collects
We may collect personal information through our Services, including without limitation:
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive updates from Jekko;
- when you subscribe to one of our email discussion lists;
- when you purchase merchandise;
- when you join and use the Jekko network through our Website, and/or establish an account; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the other Services we provide.
What Jekko Does with Personal Information
Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive updates from Jekko in order to respond to your request – for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about Jekko news and campaigns.
When you subscribe to updates from us, your email address is sent to and stored in a database hosted on Jekko’s servers that can only be accessed by Jekko staff and contractors. When you subscribe to one of our email lists, your name and email address is sent to and stored by (1) Jekko, (2) newsletter service, or (2) other service providers with which Jekko has engaged to provide email support. Personal information submitted as part of our email discussion lists is used for the purpose of managing the discussion lists. Your name and email address will typically be visible to other participants when you post to the site and to the general public in the discussion archives. All emails sent to the discussions lists are publicly archived.
Merchandise. When you purchase merchandise via our store, your personal information will be handled depending on which option you choose.
- If you purchase merchandise from the Jekko store (http://jekko.com/store/), your personal information will be used for the purpose of sending you the items you purchased. If you sign up to receive updates from Jekko when you check out from the store, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Jekko news and campaigns.
Participating in Our Community
Registered Users. When you register to obtain a user account on any of the Services (any such person, a “Registered User”), you may be asked to provide personal information to create your account and establish a password and profile. We encourage you to use an alias or nickname if you are not comfortable providing your legal name. The name or nickname you provide in connection with your account may be used to attribute you in connection with any content you submit to any Service. We also use that personal information to establish and maintain your account, to provide you with the features we provide Registered Users, and to email you regarding changes to this policy or other applicable policies. If you sign up to receive updates from Jekko when you create your account, we will use your personal information to send you communications about Jekko news and campaigns.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not Jekko’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information in two instances:
First, Jekko may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the Services.
If Jekko is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, Jekko will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or Jekko is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Services
Jekko has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Jekko stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our Services, including when you log into a website using your Jekko account.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect
When you use the Services, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Websites and information about the browser you are using. In addition, whenever you use your Jekko account to log into a website, our servers (which, again, may be hosted by a third party service provider) keep a log of the websites you visit and when you visit them.
We do not intentionally link browsing information or information from server logs to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Services are being used, to improve our Services, and for systems administration purposes. Jekko may use a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our Services for those same purposes.
No Selling or Sharing
Jekko discards non-personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
If Jekko is required to provide a third party with your non-personal browsing information or to log in on behalf of an account user (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then Jekko will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless Jekko is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify
you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
Effective Date: 6-6-2015